Submitted by Pat Laprade from a sold-out Terminal 5 in NYC
Click Here: cheap all stars rugby jersey
– Dark match: Cheeseburger & Davey Vega b J. Diesel & Juan Francisco de Coronado when Cheeseburger hit the Shotei on Coronado
Kevin Kelly and BJ Whitmer on commentary.
– reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) defeated All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) using the Chasing the Dragon in a good opener.
– Dalton Castle (w/ The Boys) beat Michael Elgin, Moose (w/Stokely Hathaway) & Lio Rush when he pinned Rush after an inverted Whirlybird.
Very good match and very cool spots, including Castle doing a German suplex to Elgin followed by one on Moose, which got a huge “Holy s**t” chant. All four guys were over with the crowd, Castle being the most over guy. Moose is improving every time I see him and Rush, at only 21, is one heck of a prospect.
– Kushida defeated Silas Young with the Kushida Lock
Kushida is the IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion but it was a non-title match. Weakest match so far. Perhaps Young wasn’t the best match up for Kushida. Not bad though, but not on par with the first two.
– Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) beat Trent Baretta & Gedo (w/Rocky Romero)
The Guns pinned Gedo after hitting the Dream Sequence on Gedo and then the stereo boots in the corner on Baretta. Solid match, not as good as the opener but still good.
– Jushin Liger & Mark & Jay Briscoe beat Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa & Adam Page after Liger hit the Liger Bomb on Tonga and Mark finished him with a big elbow from the top.
Good match. Crowd chanting “too sweet” at the Tonga, Loa and Page. Always special to see Liger live and the fans showed respect as he got a big reaction when his music hit and he got a huge chant before leaving.
– During intermission, Taeler Hendrix attacked Mandy Leon at ringside. She got in the ring with a chair and hit Leon with a DDT on it.
– BJ Whitmer got in the ring and cut a promo on Steve Corino. He said that he wasn’t a good father and a good husband and that the video footage he had wasn’t the only one. Corino got in the ring with a chair. Whitmer called him a bitch. Corino said he would beat the s**t out of him on 6/24 and called him a bitch to which the crowd chanted “you’re a bitch!”
– Veda Scott took Whitmer’s spot at commentary.
– Donovan Dijak (w/ Prince Nana) beat Cedric Alexander with his backbreaker rack into a knee lift.
Finish felt really flat. No one actually reacted and the fans were not happy with how the finish came out. After the match, Dijak raised Alexander’s arm and the crowd chanted “Thank you Cedric” and “Please don’t go” as it was Alexander’s ROH’s farewell before heading to WWE. According to PW Insider’s Mike Johnson, Prince Nana has signed a contract with ROH.
– War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson) defeated the ROH World Tag Team champions The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) by DQ when Daniels broke a pin using one of the belts.
Match was ok, different from the first two tags. They did a ref bump. Kazarian tried to use the belt but nailed Daniels by accident instead.
– Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Matt Sydal with the high fly flow.
Very good match. Only 10-12 minutes, but I guess they are protecting Tanahashi who’s still injured. Crowd was really into him. Sydal was great too though. I don’t know if underrated is the right word, but he’s definitely one of the best on the indies right now and not getting the push he should have.
– IWGP Heavyweight champion Tetsuya Naito beat ACH in a non-title match with this Destino.
I’m glad Naito could actually wrestle because this was the best match of the show. A lot of dual chants “Let’s go Naito, ACH!” and lots of cool moves from ACH including a crazy kick while Naito was on the top rope. After the match, Naito attacked referee Todd Sinclair and got a huge pop for that.
– ROH Champion Jay Lethal (w/Taeler Hendrix) & Roderick Strong beat Adam Cole & Matt Jackson (w/Nick) and Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii when Strong hit his jumping high knee on Ishii.
Great match. I liked the Naito/ACH match better but someone could make a case this was the best match tonight. Okada and the Bucks got the biggest reaction out of the entrances. Even after 4 hours of wrestling, the crowd was super hot. They were really into everything Jackson, Cole and Okada, especially, were doing.
Adam Cole and The Bucks
All Night Express
Naito vs ACH
The 3-way tag
Castle vs Moose vs Elgin vs Rush