If the travel bug bites you once, you’re going to carry it along forever. We’ve all got a wanderlust freak inside of us who wants to travel, explore the world, learn new things and discover the wonders of the world out there. And if you’ve discovered that freak, we’re pretty sure you’re craving to take a solo trip to not just discover the world but also yourself.
However, travelling alone can be quite tricky. You need to be more alert and aware of your surroundings. You need to make sure you have a solution to yourself getting unwell. You need to make sure you’re protected against the weather and people. And most of all, you need to make sure you stick to your budget because there’s no one who will bail you out. However, these are not things that should scare you from travelling alone. In fact, all you need are hacks around the situation. And here are some to keep in mind to make sure your solo trip is super fun:
1. Make sure you pack super light and keep all your important belongings (cash, identity cards, gadgets) with yourself even when you’re out discovering the place. Carry a small waist-pouch with all your important things if you must.
2. Be very low-key to avoid attracting attention. Don’t flash expensive gadgets or accessories you might be carrying.
3. Book yourself a hostel instead of a hotel. This way, you’ll be surrounded by more travellers which could add to your own safety. Plus, you’ll get to make some amazing friends from other regions of the world.
4. Whenever you’re booking tickets, try to schedule the travel time in a way where you reach your destination during the day. You don’t want to be in an unknown city during the night, especially just when you arrive.
5. Leave a copy of your holiday plan with your friends and family. Let them know about the day you’re leaving for the trip, what all you’d visit in a day, where you’ll stay and basically, everything they need to stay in touch with you.
6. Always take the public transport instead of booking yourself a cab. It will help you save a lot of money and observing the people on the transport will help you understand the acceptable etiquette and culture of the place.
7. Have extra cash stashed somewhere in your luggage. It’s never a good idea to depend on ATMs and card swiping machines.
8. Never, ever get too drunk. You may meet travellers who will seem like friends and while it’s a friendly gesture to go out for a drink or two, make sure you don’t get too drunk.
9. You may end up feeling lonely on your solo trip. That’s normal. However, a good way to deal with it is going to restaurant and Skyping one of your best friends from the place.
Little girl is dying but her father can’t afford the surgery
I can’t arrange Rs 12 lakh for my daughter’s chemo, help me.
10 Richest Cricketers in the World right now.
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background
Remember Tiger Woods’ Ex-Wife? Take A Deep Breath Before You See Her Now
AD: Healthier Patriot