CEO Fighting Games Championships in collaboration with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) recently held their CEO x NJPW When Worlds Collide Event which emanated from the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida. The show was highlighted by The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) taking on Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi of Los Ingobernables de Japon in the main event. Below are the full results from the show:
Pre Show Matches:
– Chasyn Rance def. Aaron Epic.
– Michael Nakazawa def. Skinny Boy. Before the match, Nakazawa said that he could beat any American and that Japanese people are better than Americans at wrestling and video games. He used an underwear-assisted claw for the victory. Nakazawa then said that he would continue to beat anyone.
– Alex Jebailey def. Michael Nakazawa. Jebailey, The Promoter of CEO, made his way to the ring and said that he would do it himself. Jebailey was on crutches with a torn Achilles but said that he still wanted this match. Jebailey won with a fireman’s carry slam after using his crutch. Kenny Omega joined him after the match to thank everyone for being there and to prepare the crowd for the main show.
Main Card Matches:
– Jushin “Thunder” Liger def. Rocky Romero. The crowd loved Liger. Romero tried his best to rough up the legend early on, even hitting a middle rope dive that drove Liger into the barricade. Liger won with his Liger Bomb and bowed to the adoring audience.
– Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) def. David Finlay & Juice Robinson. The fans loved Robinson but were also strongly behind The Guerrillas Of Destiny. Tonga hit a Gun Stun on Finlay for the win.
– Jeff Cobb def. Chase Owens. Hard-fought match by both men, with Owens staying ahead of Cobb with his wily tactics because he was no match for Cobb’s power. The Tour of the Islands spinning slam won it for Cobb.
– Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee def. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH). Competitive match with excellent action. Taguchi was able to score the pin after some amazing counter wrestling.
– The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi). This was an excellent match. The crowd loved everything that all four did. Takahashi’s stuffed cat Daryl Jr. got involved early, with Ibushi almost coming to blows with it. Omega and Ibushi connected with their crossing corner moonsaults. Takahashi hit a German suplex on Omega and a rough-looking powerbomb to the floor on Ibushi. Omega and Ibushi then used multiple combination moves, including a powerbomb into a German suplex on Naito that looked dangerous. The LIJ team kept kicking out until Omega and Ibushi finished it with the Golden Trigger. After the match, Omega, Ibushi & Jebailey thanked everyone for being there and said that CEO would be back next year.